The Internet has brought a revolution in the ways of marketing. Hence, social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn etc have played a major role in marketing. In the last few years, social media marketing had grown at a faster pace. Let’s check how can you optimize your profile and create posts that can engage your followers. You can also get an idea about how hashtags and stories can help you in growing your business.
Why should we use Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing has become an integral part of your marketing strategy. This is because it has a diverse and large audience that can engage your brand by creating high customer engagement. Case studies have proved that social media marketing can directly convert your target into leads and sales.
The audience is happy in following your products and services on your social media pages. They keep on showing their activity on your social media platforms if you are able to present something catchy to them. This can be a big win if you are able to properly cash this opportunity.
Advertisements run by you on social media sites can show excellent results like these can offer high engagement. Stories created by you on these social media sites can fetch attention of a large number of users and when adding hashtags you are sharing it to their platform too.
How to optimize your social media profiles
Most of you are aware with the fact that to set up your profile on these social media sites, you need to fill your basic information, have a catchy cover picture and using the logo as a profile picture, use keywords in the description etc. But social media sites like Facebook and Instagram has made several changes that can affect your business. To reach a larger section of the users on these social media sites, you need to include the following things:-
• Use hashtags – You can now add the description to your profile by using # and writing desired phrase on your post. You can add hashtags to increase your reach.
• Write story highlights – Engaging posts can increase the reach of your social media pages. You can highlight your brand’s story with the help of stories. You need to keep on posting these stories on your social media profiles time-to-time.
• Use profile links – Now, this is very common. You can add the link of your profiles wherever you promote regarding your products and services. For example, if you are organizing a contest, then, it is very important for you to use your profile link.
What kind of images and videos work best on Social Media Sites?
It is sometimes really difficult to predict what kind of posts on these social media sites will perform the best. As you know that your audience on these social media sites is different, you will get an insight of where to start. Users are generally interested to see posts like motivational quotes, promotional posts, tutorial content, product images, DIY etc. If you will use a particular type of post, then, your audience will get bored. Your promotional videos create are more impactful and make your posts valuable. But before creating an impactful video, you must keep in mind that most of your audience use mobile, therefore, your video should be small.
If you are creating videos with the help of images, then, before using these images, you should keep the following points in your mind:-
- Create lighter images in comparison to darker ones.
- Images with white backgrounds are generally preferred.
- A combination of images and graphics will give you more likes.
How to get more likes on Social Media Sites with the help of hashtags
Most of you must be aware of hashtag but those who are not aware of this term, let us tell you what this is? These days social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc are flooded with hashtags. You can create hashtags by adding texts after # symbol. With the help of this, you can convert any phrase or group of words into a hashtag.
Whenever your audience will click on the hashtag, they will be directed to those posts in which they have hashtags.
What are the different types of hashtags that can be used?
In order to get better results, it is important for you to create the right type of hashtag. There are generally six types of hashtags that you can use for your marketing strategy. Let’s check what these are:-
- Branded hashtags – Most of the brands which you see in the market use their own hashtags. They do this by encouraging you to share their posts on your profile.
- Contest hashtags – Contest hashtags are branded hastags that are used for creating a particular contest. These are generally used for contest entries like photo contest.
- Entertaining hashtags – This type of hashtag is generally used to entertain your audience and establish your brand. In some cases, hashtags are used to describe your story like #Weekenddhamaka.
4 Ways to use Social Media Sites to generate business
Here, we are sharing some of the ways to use social media sites to generate business.
- Share your audience content on your site – Many of your followers write some good and valuable feedback about your products and services. When you post their feedback on your page, then, your followers will definitely love to see your care for them.
- Go live – Social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter etc allow you to go live from your mobile and engage your followers. You can talk about a topic or go for a Q&A session also.
- Share moments of events – You can share pictures of past events in order to engage your followers.
- Create stories – You can use images and videos to share your brand’s story.
Social media marketing has become one of the most important and easiest ways to reach your target audience. You can adopt any strategy to promote your products or services but the most important thing is to engage them.