E-commerce is booming today in the market. Many people have started their own E-commerce stores. However, there is a common question by all; which platform should we use? How much I need to pay? What is the difference between Shopify and WordPress?
Shopify is a well-known E-commerce builder and WordPress is the most popular Content Management System (CMS) in the market. Shopify is designed especially for online store creation purposes while WordPress is basically started for bloggers.
Shopify vs WordPress
Shopify at a glance
- No coding skills required to build a Shopify online store
- Shopify is an all in one E-commerce tool, allows you to built an online E-commerce store with all required functionalities
- You need to buy this tool service
- You can sell all kinds of products and services on the Shopify store
- Shopify provides you online and offline service with a point of the sales facility
- You will get a free subdomain with 24/7 support
WordPress – at a glance:
- WordPress is all in one content management system. You can build any type of website using a WordPress template.
- You need some website building skills for developing the WordPress site
- WordPress themes are free, you need to pay for hosting and domain purchase
- It allows you to use different content management features and plug-ins
- There are plenty of paid and free themes and designs available
- Helpful supporting community is available
Shopify is most suitable when –
- You don’t know any coding skills and still, you want to build your own online store
- You want to start within a few minutes
- You don’t have any previous website
- You don’t know anything about the online store, Shopify helps you to build your products, taxes, inventory management, shipping, etc
- You want to sell physical as well as digital products and services
WordPress is most suitable when –
- You already have a website and want to start an online store
- WooCommerce is the most suitable plug-in for online store
- You don’t want to invest more funds when you already have a WordPress website
- You are familiar with a few coding skills
- You want to build an interactive platform for customer’s feedback and testimonials.
- You want Search Engine optimization facility
- You need a unique and nice looking design
Shopify vs Woocommerce Result
In short, if you already have a WordPress website and want to expand your business for the online store without investing much amount, then definitely go for WordPress. If you don’t have any website and you want a quick and easy online store to implement go for Shopify. WordPress is a standalone tool while Shopify is a specific online store builder.